From Yoshi's Island Speedrunning Wiki
The following .zip download will include:
- An emulator to play SNES games with (snes9x rr 1.51 v7)
- 3 different LUA scripts
- LUA_basic: A very simple/basic one that shows sprite IDs and also a trail of yoshi's movement (Helpful for Tongue Glitch in 3-3)
- LUA_sprite_slots: Shows a detailed list of sprite slot IDs; very useful for Null Egg stuff & ACE (created by Arne)
- LUA_complex: A very complex one where you can click on a menu to change lots of settings (created by Bruno)
- 3 different RAM watch files that show some useful info
- RAM_watch_USEFUL: Shows a bunch of useful stats like Yoshi's Speed, Position etc.
- RAM_watch_ACE: For all important ACE specific egg infos/IDs/values
- RAM_watch_ACE_old: The old ACE RAM watch... might be helpful for some?
- A save file for Yoshi where File 1 is on 100% ("SAVE_FILE_rename_to_rom_name.srm") - IT WORKS WITH ALL NTSC (U+J) VERSIONS (PAL no idea)
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/49aee5b20sd77a2/yossy.zip (Does not include a Yoshi rom; you will have to obtain one yourself)
Setting it up ("Install")
- Start Emulator
- Click 'File->Open Rom' (This will create a /Roms/ folder)
- Put Yoshi Rom into the /Roms/ folder
- Load Yoshi (This will create a /Saves/ folder)
- Close Emulator and put the save file into the /Saves/ folder
- Rename the save file to have the same name as the rom
How To Use (After Set-Up)
- Start Emulator
- Load a rom
- Load a LUA Script by selecting 'File->Lua Scripting->New Lua Script Window'
- Load a RAM Watch by selecting 'Tools->RAM Watch' if you want to have other useful infos
- You are ready!