Getting Door 4 consistently is the most important 'tech' in this level when you are starting out. Eventually you will get it everytime and focus on getting good bowser fights.
How to get Door 4
There are two common ways of doing the shot. The version presented here is the faster one, which is also harder to mess up once its learned. It's a little bit harder to learn though, since the other Version requires nothing but a single timed shot at a certain spot.
- Start the jump between the 2 red lines (visual cue in the background should be obvious)
- Do a FULL jump (Read as: You hold jump until you reach the apex of your jump) -
- NOTE: Do NOT start a flutter or it won't work (This is probably the only tricky part about this - getting a high jump without going into a flutter
- Right as you release jump you will start falling
- This is where you will start a jump
The green line roughly represents the path Yoshi will take.
- Bowser takes 7 shots to be beaten.
- After the 3rd hit he will stop at how far away he is until you either hit him or he finishes his animation